Sunday, August 5, 2012

The fixed is fixed!

I don't know if I mentioned the unfortunate breaking of our 50 mm lens on the blog, but it broke. I didn't zip the camera bag after girl's camp and Jon went to bring in the bag and the 50 fell out on the driveway and broke in two pieces. I was super super super sad. We have been meaning to take it to a camera shop to see if it can be fixed and finally got around to doing it a few weeks ago. I picked it up on Friday after work and decided I better give it a test run this weekend. It occasionally does this thing where is says the lens isn't connected to the camera and to clean the components, so we might see if we can take it back and get that fixed now. Luckily I can just turn off the camera or take the lens off and put it back on and it works fine. 

On Saturday we took a walk over to the farmer's market and grocery store. 
 Danny rode in the stroller part of the way and walked some too. 
 I love this picture- I have been doing this kissy-fish face thing that Danny thinks is hilarious and so I did that and then took this picture. 
 One of the things we got at the store was a bag of cherries. Jon pitted a bunch of them and then Danny devoured them.
 On Sunday we went to Grandma and Grandpa Westover's for dinner. The kids played outside on the slide and teeter-totter and I took some pictures. 









Besides the occasional connection error thing the lens seems to be working fine. So, I haven't mentioned yet that we are going to be moving at the end of the month. We are moving in to my parents basement and out of our apartment. When I have told people that don't know my family they have this "I'm so sorry" feel to their responses, but I think it will be a good thing. It won't be forever and we will be able to save money for a down payment on a house when we know where Jon gets a job. I don't know if I will have time to blog much while we are trying to pack up and such, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment