Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Pregnant and not sleeping

I have been awake for a couple hours just trying to go back to sleep, but I haven't been successful. I decided I might as well get up and put some pictures on our blog. 

These first ones are all from our trip to see Gran and Pop (my grandma and grandpa Westover) at the beginning of October.









For one of Jon's classes he went to a raspberry farm in Salem UT and they told him he could come back and pick any berries that he wanted because they were done with their harvest for the year and still had berries on their bushes. Of course Jon and I were not about to say no to some free fruit, so we went one evening and picked a ton of berries with Michael and Rachael. 




I think we all had a good time picking berries and when we got home Jon and I made a bunch of raspberry jam. 

We had a really fun Halloween party at Ashley and Karl's house that Ashley and Teri planned. We went as the Doctor, the Tardis, and Amy from the TV show Dr. Who. Jon made this side by side photo of our costumes and a picture from the episode we were basing our costumes on, so that people who have never seen the show could get an idea of how good our costumes were. I think maybe one or two people at the party recognized who we were trying to be, and then when we took Danny up and down the street for trick-or-treating three people actually recognized us. We are pretty nerdy, but for us the fun of Halloween costumes has been making them and being creative. Jon painted Danny's jacket with the help of a stencil Jennifer made on the Cricut and I sewed Jon's bow tie. 

I am now less than 2 months from my due date and I am getting more ready to have this baby. The idea of two kids is a bit daunting, especially since Danny has started to get older and will have little tantrums when things don't go his way. The most recent thing he doesn't like is having his diaper changed when he is poopy, so we have been trying to encourage him to use the potty but he hasn't been liking that much either. It could be a lot worse, but from our usually very good natured boy this can get a little frustrating. I have been very grateful that my fear of him starting to climb out of his crib has not happened yet; right now he goes to bed at night really well and I am worried that might change if he knows he can escape.

I'm trying to think if there is anything else that is going on in our lives that I should put on here. I just finished knitting a sweater for Danny, and it is pretty cute. I am pretty excited about it and I am improving my knitting skills. My next knitting project I just started is Christmas stockings. I made a practice heel because I have never made socks before and Jon said that when he has tried doing socks before he gets stuck at the heel. I didn't want to knit the whole top of the stocking and then mess up on the heel and have to start over, but the practice went well and it was easier than I thought it would be. We'll see if I can get any done before Christmas- my goal would be to do 4 so we can have one for each of us including the new baby.

In other baby news people keep asking me if I have a name picked out for our baby yet. The answer is no. We have a bunch of names that we have talked about, but so far nothing has really stood out or stuck. We still have time before the baby is born to pick something out and if we don't have anything by then we might be in trouble because I don't want to leave the hospital without a name for him.

Jon unofficially heard from one of his teachers that he will be doing the High School part of his student teaching at Alta where to current multi-media teacher is retiring and they are hoping that Jon will replace him. It would be pretty awesome if that all works out because that is what Jon wants to teach and it would be nice to have a job lined up for him after he graduates. We'll just have to wait and see what happens in the next few months.

I don't know if I have mentioned that I signed up as a Mary Kay consultant a few months ago on our blog yet, but I am a Mary Kay consultant! It has been fun and I have learned a lot. I decided that I need to actually try to work at it if I want to be successful and make money, so that is one of my goals. I had a lot of fun last month doing before and after photos and entering people into the makeover contest that Mary Kay had going on. Maybe I will do a post with the pictures from some of the makeovers I did. I hope one of the girls I entered wins :) If you want to check it out and vote for your favorite makeovers or just vote for the girls I entered (I think you can look them up by first name and last initial- Carrie W, Julia W, Ashley W, Angie Z, and Jessica E) the website is https://www.mkmakeovercontest.com/vote/. Also let me know if you want to let me practice on you because I need all the practice I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment