Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Joys of Motherhood and Gardening

So last night Danny and I were sitting on the couch and he pooped on both of us and the couch. So I changed him and then changed my clothes while Jon cleaned up the couch. About an hour later he spit up on the both of us and I had to change again. It was one of those nights where I felt very much like the mother of a little baby. Danny also had a doctor appointment yesterday and we found out that he now weighs 11 lbs 7 oz and is 23.5 inches long. He is getting so huge! Everything seems to be going well with him and he is healthy, so that is really excellent.

This past Saturday morning I planted the garden while Jon was shooting guns with his elders quorum. Luckily it didn't rain and Danny slept in his carseat outside with me pretty much the whole time I was working on it. I planted carrots, onions, peas, spinach, lettuce, and cilantro in the larger box. Then when Jon got home he helped me with the wall of waters and we planted the tomatoes in the smaller box. Hopefully the tomatoes don't die or anything because it has been really cold these past few days. I am very happy that I finally got the garden planted and can't wait until later in the summer and fall when I have delicious vegetables to eat. I still want to get a cucumber and plant that, but I think I will wait until it gets a little warmer.

Danny also had his first easter and that means an easter party at Grandma Ware's. Jonathan went up on Thursday with him to Draper and then I came up after work. After I got there we had dinner and dyed eggs and hung out with the family. It was a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment