Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Conservation of Matter

Jon mentioned this morning how it was cool that I have been able to sustain Danny by breast feeding him. I thought about this and my nerdy scientific brain thought "oh my gosh all the weight he has gained and the waste he has excreted over the past 3 and a half months has all come out of me." This was a kind of strange realization because he has gained at least 5 lbs since birth and he poops and pees quite a bit and all of that should be equal to the milk that has been put into him. Bodies are weird and amazing all at the same time. That is my random thought of the day.

Me and some of my cousins are having a little book club because I decided I wanted to read more. This Friday we are meeting at my house to talk about The Help by Elizabeth Sockett. I am going to try to make some carmel cake like Minny makes in the book. My first practice attempt from last night didn't work out too well because I accidentally put too much salt in it. Oops. I think I'll try again tomorrow night and if that one doesn't work out then I'll see if I can put something together on Friday after work. The book was fantastic and I am really excited to talk about it with my cousins.

1 comment:

  1. Carmel cake!! So exciting! I am very excited to talk about the book!

    ReplyDelete