Monday, July 1, 2013

Wedding etc.

My baby sister got married last weekend on Friday. It was a good, busy, and hot day. She was married in the Mount Timpanogos temple and it was really lovely and I felt the spirit very strong during the sealing. I love that we can be with our families forever.  We took some pictures in the sweltering heat outside the  temple and my cousin was getting a lot of unsolicited advice from one of the groom's uncles. Needless to say she was not super happy with her self appointed assistant. After the temple we went to a luncheon at Blue Lemon and it was delicious. My mom had each of us siblings say something at the luncheon and I resisted the temptation to talk about flatulence, pants wetting, or stinky feet. We are glad that Carrie got married to such an awesome guy and are excited to have Erik as a part of our family. 

When the luncheon was over we went and picked up our boys from Jon's mom in Draper and chatted with her for a while. She has been awesome to help watch them while we have been doing wedding stuff. After that we came home and all took a nap for a bit. Jon got up because he was assigned to help load cars and no one was here so he texted my mom to ask how to help. Julia and him started cutting grapes and then I helped load coolers when my parents got home. We got the kids up and ready and headed to Alpine to the Fjeldsted home for the reception. Ashley took some family pictures of us and then we were about ready for guests. Most of the time we were there Danny jumped on the trampoline with his cousins and we chatted with family and friends. It was a record breaking hot day so we were glad for shade and ice cream but it was still pretty warm. 

We left with our boys a little before the reception was scheduled to end at 8. Kyle and Danny had been surprisingly good at the reception, but Kyle was exhausted and cried the entire way home  and for quite a while after we got home because he was so overly tired. I need to remember that if he does not nap well and stays up later than normal I'm not going to have a fun time trying to calm him down so he can fall asleep. When my patents got home we helped unload the car and put things away. We had quite a bit of ice cream left over and lots of berries but hardly any croissants and no chicken salad. I think my mom did a pretty good job at estimating how much food to do. We stayed up late that night taking about everything that had gone on that day and finally went to bed. 

It was nice to have a Saturday after the wedding to just relax and have fun. Jon, Michael, the boys, and I all went to Seven Peaks around 11. The little boys and I left after about two hours and Jon and Mikey stayed until about 5. Danny had a lot of fun and was jumping off the edge of the pool in to the water and was even putting his head under the water all by himself. I think he will soon be brave enough to go on the little slides. 

That night we had dinner at the blue pablano where Ryan is a cook and had some tacos. They were good, but I got taco juices spilled all over in my lap and that was not so great. 

On Sunday we all went to church and then most of the family came over for dinner. Jon and I had a family dinner up at his parents home but we still got to visit with  my grandparents and other out of town relatives before and after that dinner. 

It was a busy weekend, but it was fun to see lots of family and Danny as always enjoyed hanging out with his cousins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment