Thursday, January 9, 2014

Random update

I am not falling asleep for some reason and I keep thinking about what the boys are up to these days, so I decided to make a list. 

Danny: 1. Danny is obsessed with punching right now. I don't know why the fascination, but everything is punching. The weird thing is he isn't punching things because he is mad or frustrated all the time; although he will swing at me when he is. The attempts at stopping all punching were not really working, so I decided to let him punch the bean bag in the basement. We probably just need to figure out other ways for that boy to burn off his excess energy while we are cooped up inside for the winter maybe that will reduce the punching. 2. Danny is pretty much potty trained (hallelujah!). Oh my gosh why is potty training so frustrating as a parent? I was really frustrated at first because we would have such good progress and then for a while he refused to use the toilet or he would just not care and pee in his pants. We scrapped the whole underwear thing for a while and went back to diapers because it is hard to keep your cool sometimes when you are cleaning up urine all the time. I think he realized during those few days that he missed his cool big boy underwear and the traditional pants free run around the house after he used the potty (yeah, we are still working on getting pants and underwear back on before leaving the bathroom). 3. I think Danny inherited my impeccable sense of smell. Danny will often say things like "what that smell is?" Or "Smells like..." Whatever. It is pretty hilarious to hear him start sniffing the air to try to figure out what it is he smells. 4. One of Danny's favorite things to do when uncle Mikey is home is to go up to his room in the morning, sit on his bed, play on his iPad, and eat anything edible he can find on his nightstand (usually gum or ricola). Uncle Mikey has some pretty fun games and books on his iPad and Danny would play on it all the time if he could. 5. Danny is a good helper most of the time.  He puts away his laundry in his drawers and picks up toys. 6. Danny loves music. He likes to sing and have us sing to him. His all time favorite song is probably the cougar fight song. He also likes primary songs, songs that mom and dad make up, and right now he loves Roar by Katy Perry. 

Alright I think I might be tired enough to go to sleep now. I'll try to write what Kyle is up to tomorrow, but I make no guarantees. 

This is Danny doing his "closing eyes smile" he named it himself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment