Sunday, August 17, 2014

First trimester survival

Fun games to play with your kids-
1. Around and around. How to play: lay on the ground and have your children run around you while singing "around and around and around"
2. Get buried. How to play: lay on the couch and have your kids cover you with stuffed animals, balls, pillows and blankets. If you are lucky you can be it most of the time. 

Pregnancy advice from Danny-
1. For if you are going to throw up: set down your quesadilla, go lock the door, and no one can hear you.
2. To deal with nausea: Eat something it will make you feel a little bit better, but not a lotta bit better. 

Random tips-
1. Distractions are good. Go somewhere, visit a friend, any distraction that can help to pass the time and keep your mind off things is great. (Disclaimer: The day after I wrote this tip down my basement flooded. Not the type of distraction I was talking about. That being said a catastrophe can be very distracting)
2. Don't clean. This way when your toddler comes and asks for a cracker while you are making dinner for the first time in a week you can say, "there's one on the floor by the table." 
3. Having cereal or peanut butter sandwiches for multiple meals in a day is fine. I figure it kind of evens itself out throughout the week. 

Pictures of my kids making mischief and being kids



















I am happy to report that I have survived my first trimester if at times it felt like we might not make it. Now that I have started to feel better hopefully I can get life somewhat in order and enjoy just having 2 little kids before #3 makes an appearance sometime in April. We are all very excited for this new addition to our family (Kyle is kind of baby obsessed right now and spends any outing pointing out babies to me). 



No comments:

Post a Comment